Leather (we already figured faux was fine...!) pants are so versatile, especially for the holiday season. You could wear them to any type of party or event, and quietly rock them on the everyday. Many styles are leather on the front only- I learned the hard way sitting on the subway that leather and plastic don't exactly glide...
There are a million different versions out there, but here are some of my faves:
1) J.CREW: Real leather, but only the front; the back material is the chair-friendly Pixie pant
2) BANANA REPUBLIC: Again with the chair-friendly (that means no gripping) back, the pocket styling takes the body-con sleekness down a notch
3) HUE (via Nordstrom): These are pleather front and back and have back pockets to break up your smooth caboose (and phone-friendly in a pinch!)
4) ZARA: I've styled these a million times and have no intention of slowing down- they are a skirt and on-trend pant all in one. I adore them with boots or pumps, or a heeled sandal.
5) ARMANI EXCHANGE: The zippered leg opening makes a super sleek line for boots or pumps- I'm wearing these here!
6) CLUB MONACO: Again front-only pleather, but the back seaming across the upper tush is flattering!