So completely opposite from the morning, your night routine is where the action is. But usually I'm tired and just want to jump in bed! So I try and keep it simple yet powerful.
1) If I'm not careful I get little bumps/breakouts. So Salicylic Acid is still my friend. It keeps my skin balanced somehow. This Vichy Normaderm Cleanser is strong enough to take off my makeup and dirt from the City air. I lather for a solid 30 seconds at least, and follow with eye makeup remover (drugstore brand). Eye makeup remover gets rid of the residue that I believe ages you and doesn't let your eye treatments work as well (so don't skip it!)
2) Toner is important to get rid of that last bit of makeup and close your pores. I love Vichy Normaderm because of the salicylic acid, but it might be too strong for some of you. But this step you can't skip! Leaving residue on your face ages you!
3) I've used this Vichy Liftactiv HA Night moisturizer for years. I love that it still acts as good moisturizer, but with the retinol, your face is fighting aging! I think it's the main reason why I don't have to wash my face in the morning. The after effects continue.
4) I currently use the PCA eye cream again that I posted about on the AM edition, but I used this Vichy LiftActiv Retinol for eyes for years and loved it. I think the PCA cream I'll stick with for the day, and get back to using this Retinol cream for night again.
- I love GlamGlow mud mask, it's great for you and your man. It makes blackheads disappear and gives your skin the best glow. It is worth every penny. My husband loves it too! I do it then wash my face with my cleanser and go along with my above routine.
- An exfoliator I do once a month is this Freeman Cucumber Peel. Don't do it when your skin is dry. But it is fabulous.
-When I'm feeling particularly grody after a workout or day at the beach, I'll use this cheap St. Ives Apricot Scrub. It freshens and exfoliates. I do it once a week, it really buffs my skin. It is FABULOUS on the backs of your hands too!!!
- My dermatologist got me back on Retin-A - just once or twice a week, but it is by far the best at wrinkle prevention and elimination (that's why you need a prescription!). But those fine lines will grow if you don't treat them. Seriously, use only a pea-sized amount to avoid irritation.
Taking care of your face at night is so important. The products you use can do the work for you while you sleep. So put on what you need, then hop into bed!